Sunday, May 31, 2015
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Friday, May 29, 2015
1 cup oat flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup water
1 carrot (peeled and shredded)
1/2 apple (peeled and shredded)
8oz plain greek yogurt
2 tablespoons water
Prep time 20 minutes
Cook time 25 minutes
Total time 45 minutes
Make a Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except yogurt and 2 TBSP water. Use a wooden spoon to mix all ingredients together.
2. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Roll out into a flat surface about 1/2" thick.
3. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out dog treats. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Repeat Step 2 and 3 with remaining dough (or freeze half of the dough wrapped in plastic and placed in a freezer-safe container for future use).
5. Use bottom of a pestle (or your finger) to create pawprint mold on each biscuit. Make sure the mold is deep and defined. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until biscuits are golden and crispy. Remove and let cool.
6. If desired, in a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt and water. Whisk to thin out the yogurt. Use a spoon or pipe yogurt into each pawprint mold.
7. Place in an airtight container and keep up to a week.If you add the yogurt, be sure to store in the fridge with wax paper between each treat. Biscuits will get softer and yogurt will harden in the fridge, but don't worry, your dog will still eat them up!